|INDIANAPOLIS (BP) -- Here's a simple way to evaluate how guests see your church building. Take the "5-Spot Test." Stop at five specific places around your church site for five minutes and answer five questions.
-- Spot No. 1: church parking lot. Just before worship, park in a guest space.
1) How easy is it to find a parking space?
2) From here, how enticing is the building's appearance and landscape?
3) Is the parking lot well kept?
4) Is the church sign current and attractive?
5) Is the main entrance inviting?
-- Spot No. 2: main church entrance. Walk inside at the most obvious entry.
1) Is the front door clean, attractive, well-maintained?
2) What's your first impression? Consider décor, lighting, music.
3) Is the entry area perfectly clean?
4) Does signage direct guests to childcare, restrooms, worship center?
5) Are wall displays and printed materials attractive, positive, current?
-- Spot No. 3: back row panoramic. Sit on the third row from the rear, left side.
1) Is your view unobstructed? Can you hear well?
2) What is the overall atmosphere of the worship center?
3) Are pew envelopes, books, pens or clipboards neat and current?
4) Are seats, ceilings, walls and floors in perfect condition?
5) Does worship center reflect careful consideration of décor, upkeep, seasonal touches? Continued...