Your daily look at late-breaking news, upcoming events and the stories that will be talked about today (times EDT):
1. MEDICARE TAKES CENTER STAGE FOR ROMNEY, RYAN
The Republicans hold a town hall with New Hampshire voters and hope to assuage skittish seniors.
2. BLUE MONDAY: WHEN THE WEEK STARTS WITH A STOCK SLUMP
The first day of the week is the only one when the market is more likely to fall than to rise.
3. MYANMAR PRESS FREEDOM TAKES A STEP
Journalists will no longer have to submit their work to state censors — something they've done for nearly half a century. But other restrictions remain.
4. QUESTIONS FOLLOW DEATH OF TONY SCOTT
Authorities are investigating the death of the "Top Gun" director — who jumped off a bridge in LA — as a suicide.
5. FIGHTING OVER UNINHABITED ISLANDS
The Chinese call them the Diaoyu, the Japanese say they're the Senkaku chain. Whatever name you choose, they're the subject of one of the biggest territorial flare-ups in years between the Asian giants.
6. MISSOURI SENATE CANDIDATE BACKS OFF RAPE COMMENTS
GOP Rep. Todd Akin first said a woman's body "has ways" to prevent pregnancy during "a legitimate rape." Continued...