Your daily look at late-breaking news, upcoming events and stories that will be talked about Friday:
1. WHY BLACK FRIDAY IS MORE IMPORTANT THAN EVER
Americans' growing comfort with online shopping puts more pressure on brick-and-mortar stores, which depend so heavily on the holiday season.
1. WHO THE U.S. IS COUNTING ON TO KEEP THE PEACE IN GAZA
Egypt's President Morsi emerges from his first major international crisis with enhanced prestige after mediating between sworn enemies Israel and Hamas.
1. ANOTHER BIG ADVANCE FOR SYRIAN REBELS
They strengthen their hold on an oil-rich province, activists say, capturing a base seen as a bastion for Assad loyalists.
1. 100 CARS AND TRUCKS IN TEXAS HOLIDAY PILEUP
Big crash in extremely dense fog near Beaumont sends dozens to hospitals.
1. DEAR AMERICA: IT ONLY SEEMS LIKE YOU'RE GETTING MORE CATALOGS
The flow to U.S. mailboxes has dipped big time because of a postage increase, the weak economy and online purchases.
1. MEXICO WANTS TO BOOT THE U AND THE S
Its formal name is "The United Mexican States" and President Felipe Calderon wants to make it simply "Mexico." Continued...