Your daily look at late-breaking news, upcoming events and the stories that will be talked about today:
1. COURT RULES ON BAIL FOR PISTORIUS
A magistrate grants bail allowing the double-amputee athlete to be freed from custody pending his trial in the shooting death of his girlfriend.
2. DREW PETERSON GETS 38 YEARS IN PRISON
The sentence comes in an Illinois court after the ex-cop angrily denies killing his third wife.
3. SOME TROOPS MAY BE SUFFERING FROM 'MORAL INJURIES'
Symptoms include deep shame, guilt and rage from having done something, or failed to stop something that violates their moral code.
4. EGYPT'S ISLAMIST PRESIDENT CALLS FOR NEW ELECTIONS
Morsi's call for 4-stage parliamentary balloting comes against the backdrop of a divided country.
5. WHO'S NOT BENEFITING FROM FLU SHOTS
This year's vaccine is proving startlingly ineffective in protecting older Americans — the most vulnerable age group.
6. MASSIVE STORM THREATENS MORE STATES
A major snowstorm promises a messy Upper Midwest commute after shuttering Missouri airports and blanketing Kansas. Continued...