Your daily look at late-breaking news, upcoming events and the stories that will be talked about Tuesday:
1. WHO WILL FEEL THE AUTOMATIC BUDGET CUTS FIRST
The long-term jobless will see their unemployment checks shrink by about 10 percent.
2. STAKES HIGH FOR NUCLEAR TALKS
Israel has threatened to use all means to stop Iran from being able to build a bomb, raising the specter of a possible Mideast war.
3. HUGE EXPLOSION ROCKS SYRIA'S CAPITAL
Activists say the explosion targeted a checkpoint and killed at least five regime forces.
4. WHAT ITALY'S ELECTIONS MEAN FOR THE ECONOMY
A possible hung parliament and political paralysis has spooked investors and sent the Dow plunging more than 200 points.
5. WHICH CITIES ARE IN A MIDWEST BLIZZARD'S PATH
Kansas City is expected to get a wallop tonight, and Chicago could up to 6 inches of snow on Tuesday.
6. GET READY FOR .APP, .VEGAS, .TECH AND MORE
By year's end, hundreds of Internet address suffixes to rival ".com" should be available for people and businesses to use. Continued...