This is one way to make what's sure to be a dismal speech more entertaining.
Americans for Tax Reform have made printable BINGO cards
for President Obama's speech tonight.
Here's a sample below:
They've also put together a tongue-in-cheek key, here's a sampling of their definition of terms:
“Save or create” jobs
– Obama’s new metric whereby he can claim credit for the outcome no matter what happens (how exactly does one determine the number of "saved" jobs?)“Crisis”
- Excuse to hike taxes and grow the government per Rahm Emanuel’s theory: “Never let a crisis go to waste."
” – The optimistic expectation, against all evidence that this government will be the first in the history of time to succeed in spending its way out of economic problems. “Bipartisan”
– "Pelosi and Reid get to decide what we'll do, but I'll have you over for tea first."“Failed policies of the past”
– An overspending problem by George W. Bush to be expanded by Obama “Investment” “Sacrifice”
– Tax hikes. “Make work pay”
– Writing welfare checks through the tax code (and then calling it a tax cut).
“Protecting responsible homeowners”
– Forcing you to pay your neighbor’s mortgage.
– People that Obama wants to make dependent on the government.“Alternative energy”
– Energy that is either too expensive or hasn't succeeded in the free market on its own (if it worked, it would just be called “energy”)